Configuration: Oracle Financials - Embed an OTBI Analysis
Many of my previous implementations had a requirement to display more details on the standard transaction ADF to help them make desicions related to processing these transactions.
in this article we will address this requirement by creating BI answer and embed it in the respective form and passing the binding variable ( vendor number) as parameter.
This customization solution embed an OTBI analysis into the payables invoice workbench and passes the supplier number as context to ensure the analytics are for the supplier you are looking at. Note that you must save a model before OTBI can report on the latest data. A sample OTBI analysis is attached, this must be unarchived in OTBI Answers.
Step-by-Step Guide :
1. Create the OTBI dashboard you want to see in AP workbench ensuring that each analytic has a filter on supplier.supplier Number as prompted
This is my initial report
add supplier number filter as prompt
eventually you need to format your report to have one table and text tile per column , meaning if your report has 3 columns then you need to create 3 tables each of which will have single column with the column title captured in the respective text tile as depicted below
it should like that when you run it
2. Create and activate a sandbox
3. Navigate to AP workbench
4. Open or create an invoice
5. Select "Edit Pages" from the user menu (View=Source)
6. Click on the analytics invoice details region
7. click the + icon and add component as web-page:
8. Edit the WebPage tag added and set the source URL to the following using the expression builder:
Run the report from OTBI and copy the URL then transform it as depicted below
Note that you need to replace the " with %22 and ' with %20 and embed the URL with the binding variable at the end. I used value as 25338 to test the report in the invoice UR but eventually the URL should look like that